Thursday, November 17, 2016

Thanksgiving day
In September 1620, a small ship called the Mayflower left Plymouth, England. This ship carried 102 people and they were looking for a new place to settle in because they wanted to freely practice their religion and others just wanted to own land in the place they called “The New World”.When Mayflower crosses massachusetts bay the pilgrims began to make that land their own village. During the first winter only few lived to see the first new england spring. They then moved from their current location and were received by an Abenaki Indian who greeted them in English. This indian Squanto, a member of the Pawtuxet tribe who had been kidnapped by an English sea captain and sold into slavery before escaping to London taught the Pilgrims, weakened by malnutrition and illness, how to cultivate corn, extract sap from maple trees, catch fish in the rivers and avoid poisonous plants. In november 1621 the Pilgrims’ first corn harvest  was proved successful and a celebratory feast was organized this corn fest was between a group of the fledgling colony’s Native American allies, including the Wampanoag chief Massasoit,  And is now known as “Thanksgiving day”. Today people celebrate thanksgiving at home or with their families and it’s known as a day to be grateful for what you have. In my family we make a big meal for my entire family. Weather we get along or not, thanksgiving is the day that we are together as one big happy family.
Things i’m thankful for:
1.my brother 6.my education
2.my sister 7.my friends
3.my dad 8my health.
4.my mom 9.my familys heatlh
5.Food 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment